Monday, March 7, 2011

Children's Hospital Visit!/ Maneeley's


February 23, 2011

I know I say every day is great in the life of Miss Connecticut, but going to the Children’s Hospital is always extra special... So today was an extra special day! Scott picked me up to go to CT Children’s Hospital for my monthly visit. I went around to a few floors visiting many of the patients. I was especially lucky to see my friend, Jillian, there today. It is unfortunate that she had to be at the hospital, but we had the opportunity to catch up and visit for a while! She is amazing. Every time I leave my visits from the hospital I am overwhelmed with emotion thinking of the struggles these children endure each day; they are so strong. I always leave with a positive attitude because I know I was able to make the children there smile for the moments I have spent with them. Little do they know, they have impacted me forever.

After the hospital, Gail and I went to Maneeley’s in South Windsor to check out the facility for the “Day of Confidence” that I am organizing. It is beautiful and perfect for the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment