Monday, March 7, 2011

Welcome home troops! / St. Baldrick's Day!






Saturday, February 12

Today was a very special day. I was invited to the Hartford Armory to the Welcome Home and Freedom Salute Ceremony in honor of the 102nd Infantry Regiment coming home from Afghanistan. My friend, Gerry, showed me around the armory and introduced me to many incredible service men and women. The ceremony was truly moving. One soldiers boots remained in the line up in memory of Army Sgt. Edwin Rivera; a fallen solider in May 2010.

After the ceremony I went to New Haven for an event called St. Baldrick’s Day organized by the New Haven County Firefighters Emerald Society. Many came to the Wicked Wolf Tavern to shave their heads in an effort to raise money for children with cancer. There were many activities going on there throughout the day for children, families, and people of all ages! The people I met were so wonderful that they almost convinced me to shave my head! That was until JD convinced me that may not be the best idea.. It was an exciting event for an incredible cause!





No comments:

Post a Comment