Friday, April 1, 2011

Proclamation


Tuesday, March 8

This evening I went to the city council meeting in Bristol. Our wonderful mayor, Art Ward, gave me both a city and state proclamation recognizing my accomplishments. I spoke of how I am proud to be from Bristol and how my involvement within the city has helped me to become who I am today. The support I have from so many in Bristol is unbelievable. I stayed for the duration of the meeting, which was very interesting!


Bristol’s Miss CT saluted

By KAITLYN NAPLES

STAFF WRITER

Miss Connecticut was honored last Tuesday at the town council meeting for her poise and her represen- tation of Connecticut and Bristol while competing in the Miss America Pageant this year.

Bristol native Brittany Decker received two procla- mations last week, one from the state and the other from the city of Bristol, com- mending her and honoring her for her accomplish- ments during her reign as Miss Connecticut, and com- peting in the Miss America pageant this past January.

“Unfortunately the judges didn’t see it our way,” Mayor Art Ward said about the result of the competi- tion. “If we were the judges you would have won the title of Miss America.”

Ward said he usually doesn’t watch the pageant, however, this year he did not miss a minute of the competition.

“I am always so proud to say I am from Bristol,” 21- year-old Decker said. “Bristol has made me who I am today,” she said, adding that without the organiza- tions she has participated in throughout the years have made her who she is today.

Decker stayed for the two-hour council meeting,

because she said she want- ed to. She also added that she hopes to be a future city leader one day.

Decker attends Western New England College and has traveled to Cambodia and Haiti, and worked on a documentary for school about her time there, and creating awareness about Third World countries.

“You have made the state proud, the city proud, your family proud, and most importantly yourself proud,” Ward said.

Comments? Email knaples@BristolObserver. com.

No comments:

Post a Comment