Friday, August 13, 2010

Miracle Treat Day and Natalie's Kids on Campus Program







I began my day today bright and early, meeting Scott Organek and some of the Plainville Dairy Queen crew at the CBS affiliate in Rocky Hill at 6am. We were able to promote Miracle Treat Day on the air with Scot Haney! Today a portion of blizzard sales from Dairy Queen go to support the Connecticut Children’s hospital in Hartford!

This afternoon I spent with Natalie Testa, one of our great Miss Connecticut sponsors, in Waterbury at Naugatuck Valley Community College. For the past few years Natalie has been a part of the Kids on Campus program teaching a class on fashion. Some of Natalie's students did not even know how to thread a needle before the class began, and now they were designing and creating beautiful pieces of clothing (and without a sewing machine!). I was able to bond with the girls throughout the afternoon while they shared with me their dresses that they had been working to create all week. They were beautiful! After lunch, I showed the girls how to be confident while walking on stage to prepare for their fashion show tomorrow. I also had a chance to listen to the kids from “Making the Band” perform a few songs and I sang a couple songs for them after as well. We all had so much fun!


Thursday August 5, 2010I ended the day meeting Scott Organek and Ashley Membrino at the Dairy Queen in Plainville to support the children’s hospital. This site had a lot of activities for kids to do including a petting zoo, face painting, a DJ, a blow up bounce house, and raffles. We awarded this Dairy Queen for raising the most money last year.

Definitely an eventful day!

Aug 5: 82 miles
Total:2,580 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment