Friday, August 13, 2010

One World: Haiti First fundraiser!







Thursday August 11,2010

ONE WORLD: Haiti

This evening I had my first fundraiser to raise money for the Christian Haitian Outreach orphanage in Haiti. I spent time with the children at the orphanage this past May and I am going back with a friend this September.

The event was held at the beautiful Carousel Museum in Bristol, CT. The evening began socializing, giving autographs, and enjoying pizza and baked goods. When everyone finished eating, I gave a presentation of my video documentary from the footage I had of the children and Haiti from my last visit. Through the video, set to the song “We are the World,” people there were able to learn about the orphanage, my mission, and exactly where the money raised will be going. Finally we had a raffle (including Red Sox and Yankee tickets!) to end the evening.

I appreciate the support of those who came and those who donated for the cause. The children in Haiti that I have met, and my platform “One World”- I hold very close to my heart. I love to share my experiences with everyone and it means a lot when people take the time to listen.

We raised about $600! Woohooo!

Thank you to those who made tonight possible:
The Carousel Museum
John Owsianik
Gail Mccool
Linda Lubrico
Sabinos Pizza
Max’s Pizza
Corner House Pizza
West End Pizza
Michael Little
Bristol Press
Bristol Observer
Donna Kehoe
Avdulla: Luiza’s Diner
Liz & Briana Beyers
My family
Everyone who brought a dessert
Everyone who came to support the event
THANK YOU! I couldn’t have done it without you!!

Aug 11: 9mi.
Total Miles: 2,951

No comments:

Post a Comment