Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Miss America Brands/ Rehearsal/ Gifts to send to Haiti!


Sunday November 21st

Today I took a picture with my Miss America Brands T-shirt by ESPN to post on their facebook site. If you would like your own Miss America Brands shirt visit www.pageantees.com!!

This evening I went to a rehearsal for a holiday show I am in, St Anthony’s Showcase of the Stars. I was able to meet the children’s chorus (many of them I have known). We practiced the songs they will be joining me in singing on December 4th at St. Paul High School in Bristol!

After the show practice I did a little bit of shopping to pick out some special gifts for my two girls at the orphanage Haiti that are very special to me, Darlene and Malanata. I wrapped pink iPods (with music that I put on for them), jump ropes, shoes, and small treats, photo albums, and letters in the gift bags. Every time I am in a store I think of them and I see so many things I wish to send them because I know how excited and appreciative they would be. I also created a gift bag of health care items for my friend Denys, a woman from Alaska who moved to Haiti to help the people and spread the love of God to all. Her and I still keep in touch often. I have friends that are going to Haiti this week to celebrate Thanksgiving. They will be able to deliver the gifts for me. If I cannot be with them on the trip, I am satisfied knowing that children know I am thinking about them.

Total: 7,190.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment