Thursday, December 23, 2010

SONIC!

Friday, December 10th

Today I had a fundraiser at Sonic in Wallingford. It is the first Sonic in Connecticut and the owner, Brad, said it is the busiest one in the country! During the summertime, customers would wait over two hours for a server to skate to their car to deliver their meal!

My purpose today was to sell Community First Cards to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network. I carried my “Miss Connecticut Smile Tray” full of napkins and condiments and approached each car to introduce myself. I even roller-skated a bit! The only thing I would change about the day was the weather…it was SO COLD!! However, it didn’t hold me back from staying outside for the entire 8- hour shift. Gail, Brenden, Scott, and others came to visit to help out and keep me company.




Total: 8,106.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment