Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My platform.. "One World:Global Awareness for Global Prosperity"


Sharing with the Girl Scouts in Connecticut about the Girl Guides in Cambodia

Working with kids in the Bronx

One World

My favorite... Dolleen :)

One of the many tent cities in Haiti

Refugees running and climbing on our truck when we had no more beans and rice to give out

Kids at the orphanage!

More amazing kids at the orphanage!

One of my favorite little girls.. Angelique

At the Girl Guide Ceremony in Cambodia

Visiting a classroom in a province of Cambodia

Sok Sabay Medical Clinic in Cambodia

With kids on the street in Cambodia who were begging for money

Giving gifts to the children at the school celebration ceremony



My platform, “One World: Global Awareness for Global Prosperity” is about the importance of encouraging others to become global citizens and to think about life in a broader perspective. While we are currently suffering from an economic downturn in our own country, it is eye opening to learn that people in other countries drink and bathe in brown unfiltered water, live in stick thatched huts or under tarps in the median of roads and do not have the opportunity to receive an education. It is about bringing my experience back to America.
My two main initiatives are to raise funds for the Sok Sabay Medical Clinic- where I serve on the board of directors- to hire a doctor and provide health care needs to the villagers; my second is to raise funds for the Christian Haitian Outreach Orphanage in Haiti where I recently visited. I also plan to continue with my passion of service in the United States, Connecticut, and my own community recognizing poverty- such as with my recent efforts in Harlem and the Bronx and low income areas in Chicago, New Jersey and Connecticut; also working with health care for our children here working hand-in-hand with the Children’s Miracle Network. This will all contribute to my goal of establishing a mindset of being part of “One World.”
Even though we are geographically disconnected- raising awareness will bridge the gap and bring people closer together. I want my legacy to be a Miss Connecticut and essentially a Miss America that serves as a universal figure making a global impact.

1 comment: