Thursday, July 15, 2010

First Visit at Connecticut Children's Medical Center!



Thursday, July 15, 2010
Today was my first day visiting Connecticut Children’s Medical Center in Hartford! Gail and I first met with Scott for lunch to talk about some events we will be doing this year with the hospital. Then, I had the opportunity to go around the hospital and meet many of the kids who were there. One little boy I met had just gotten out of surgery and I learned from his mom that he was almost seven years old and he had almost died twice. I told him he was a trooper for doing so well with his surgery, and he said “Yes, yes I am.” His dad replied “He is, and that’s being modest.” I can’t even imagine what the families go through… I met another little girl who nearly jumped out of her wheelchair in excitement when I gave her an autograph card. I went to go visit a young boy in his room and his mother said he is a little shy today because it’s his first day without any hair. Another little girl was very excited to see me and she gave me the biggest hug. These were just a few of the very special kids I met today. All of the staff I met was all so wonderful and welcoming too. I loved every second of being there and I can’t wait to go back soon. Thank you Scott for being so supportive of the Miss Connecticut Organization!

July 16, 2010: 31mi
Total 1,051.3 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment