Thursday, July 8, 2010

Villa Maria Nursing Home and Meeting JD!





Thursday, July 8, 2010

Today I began my day in Taftville, CT with Patty May to begin creating my music repertoire for this year.

Then Gail, Patty and I headed to Plainfield, CT to go visit the residents at the Villa Maria Nursing and Rehab Center. When I arrived there was already a room filled with residents waiting; it was very welcoming! I entertained a bit at the beginning, singing a few songs. Then I went around the room to talk to each person and sign an autograph card and I walked to each room afterwards to visit those who didn’t make it to the gathering. The smiles on everyone’s face and the kind words I received made me so happy. My new friend Rose gave me numerous hugs and told me how much she loved me being there and my new friend Jim told me I was beautiful and that he enjoyed my singing. The staff was really wonderful as well and the overall environment of the facility was very warm and comforting. I loved every second of being there!

Our final stop of the day was at the Antenna Salon in Norwich, CT. I went there to meet JD, an official sponsor for Miss CT. The salon was beautiful, and JD and the staff there were also so great! I look forward to going back there soon and frequently throughout the year!


July 8: 147.6 mi
Total: 553.9 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment