Monday, July 26, 2010

Sunflowers for Wishes and Soles to Souls for Haiti!





Saturday, July 24, 2010

This afternoon I went to Buttonwood Farm in Griswold for their annual Sunflowers for Wishes to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. There were 4 acres of beautiful sunflowers and it was so beautiful! It was fun to take pictures, meet new friends, and eat their famous homemade ice cream!

This evening Patty and I went to the Crocker House in New London for the Soles to Souls benefit dinner. The proceeds from the event go to the Haitian Health Foundation in Jeremie, Haiti. Dr. Lowney, an Orthodontist in Norwich runs this foundation. I was able to speak a bit about my platform and experience in Haiti and also listen to May-Ange Ntoso a native of Haiti, and Marilyn Lowney the executive director. It was great to meet so many people who were there to support such a great cause and to share stories with many others who have the same passion that I do. We enjoyed a meal, raffles, and ballroom dancing with Arthur Murray’s dancers. I was so happy to be there to give back to Haiti.






July 24: 158 miles
Total miles: 1826

No comments:

Post a Comment