Sunday, July 18, 2010

Operation Lobster Dinner!!






Sunday July 18, 2010

Today was a day that I had been looking forward to for a while now; and that Sean and Christian from Grossman’s Seafood had been working so hard for all year long… Operation Lobster Dinner! My family and I got there to volunteer at about 9:30am and we met some of my other sister titleholders and other volunteers there as well. I sang the national anthem to begin the ceremony and many Connecticut representatives were there, including Governor Jodi Rell, to show their support of the event.

Today was about all the troops, and us (as a whole community) giving thanks to them for all that they do to keep our country safe. In attendance were 600 active duty and retired military men and women and their families- each receiving a delicious lobster dinner. An amazing organization, Work Vessels for Veterans, were there to give away a boat, car, and a laptop to selected individuals in order to get them on their feet after returning from war. It really felt good to be in the presence of so many giving people. I had the most amazing time going around to talk to everybody and to listen to stories many had to share. The girls and I served the lobster dinners to the guests.

Everybody did such a great job coming together today to make this day so special- even in the 95 degree heat. It is a day that myself, and so many others will remember forever.

I look forward to continuing the relationship with Grossman’s Seafood throughout this year.


July 18 miles: 123.6
Total Miles: 1372.2

No comments:

Post a Comment