Tuesday, October 5, 2010

MADD About Dancing!

Friday, October 1
Today was the BIG DAY!
This morning Ilkar and I had our final rehearsal before we performed at the MADD About Dancing event! It went really well and we were well prepared!!

At around 2pm I arrived at Antenna Salon to see the wonderful JD! He had lunch waiting for us when we arrived from Prime Restaurant across the street. I felt like a million dollars sitting in the salon chair with JD doing my hair, Carol painting my nails, and Hector airbrushing my face all at the same time!! I cannot thank JD and everyone enough for all they do for me... they are truly the best!



From there, Gail and I headed to Mohegan! The event was held in the Cabaret Theater- It was beautiful! When we got there, Ilkar and I were able to practice once on the stage.

I was able to meet all of the other celebrities involved in the event- we were all very excited! The costumes came about an hour before the show began. Luckily everything fit okay. Our first dance was the Tango and the second was the Rumba! I had so, so much fun on stage! I wish I could do it all over again!
Special thank you to Arthur Murray's Dance Studio for providing lessons for the event- Ilkar was the best teacher! I would love to learn more!
All of the proceeds for the event went to a great cause- Mothers Against Drunk Driving. Thank you to all who came to support the event!

Ilkar and I!

Tango!

Rumba!


Rachel Lutkzer and I


My Miss Connecticut Family <3



Mark Dixon and I

Beautiful Logan <3


My new friend Eric- a professional Ballroom dancer and TV personality :)

No comments:

Post a Comment