Monday, October 4, 2010

Mum Festivities! Home-Town Hero Breakfast/ Parade

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Today I spent the entire day in my wonderful hometown of Bristol, for the Annual Chrysanthemum Festival Opening weekend!


I began my morning with breakfast at the America Legion to honor our very first home-town hero.. Sgt. Matthew Lavoie.
Matt has also been one of my very closest friends for many years now. Matt was severely injuring in a roadside bomb while in Iraq. For the past year and a half he has been receiving treatment at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington D.C. where he has undergone more than 50 surgeries. He truly is a hero. It was great to spend time with his family and to see him get his award. I am very proud of him.





Also I was able to see my good friend, and former Mayor Stortz! He is always so supportive of our community events.

And I was privileged to see Mayor Art Ward!

I am proud to represent Bristol, Connecticut, and America

My beautiful sister and I

Hula-hooping at Memorial Boulevard

Entertaining before the parade began!


I was very lucky to be a part of Bristol's Annual Mum Parade! So many families come out to enjoy the day.. I was even able to go to the review stand after to watch the parade myself!


With my cousin Dougy before the parade!

The Miss Bristol Contestants!

FX and Loretta came to drive me in the parade!! It was great to spend time with them!

With my little Peyton before the parade <3

Girl Scouts!!


The Mum Committee

No comments:

Post a Comment