Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cheshire Exchange Club: Thank you.

Monday November 8th

Today I had the privilege of speaking at the Cheshire Exchange Club meeting. I truly do appreciate anyone who is willing to listen to me speak about the Miss America Organization, my platform, and my accomplishments- and these men and women were genuinely interested in what I had to say. My platform, "One World: Hope for All Children" relates to the Exchange Club national platform of Child Abuse Prevention, which made our conversation even that much more interesting. As soon as I arrived, everyone made me feel so welcome and I really enjoyed their company throughout dinner. I shared with them the true meaning of the Miss America Organization and how it affects young women and how it has molded me to become who I am today. I then spoke of my platform- telling many stories and showing my video presentations that I have produced in Cambodia and Haiti. They were engaged in my message and they asked many questions. I received many thoughtful compliments afterward.

I feel so blessed to meet such wonderful people each day. I find it important to keep the relationships with those I meet as well. So hopefully I will be seeing the members of the Cheshire Exchange Club in the near future!


My Business Manager, Gail, received an e-mail from Carl, a member of the Cheshire Exchange Club, the morning after meeting them. This, to me, was the ultimate compliment:

"Brittany Decker, Miss Connecticut 2010, is a firecracker of enthusiasm, beauty, intellect, and confidence. Last night, Brittany was the Cheshire Club's guest speaker. Those in attendance were caught up in her passion for her "kids" in Haiti and Cambodia. She explodes with energy from every breath she takes. Her smile and laughter however, invites you into her world of intimacy with the Miss America Pageant. She is a true ambassador and great spokesperson for the the eighty plus year organization that selects the right woman to represent America. The state of Connecticut is to be very proud of its selection and we all wish Brittany the best as she competes in January for the CROWN that she has thought of since she was 7 years old."


Total: 6680.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment