Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ragtime Boutique/ Kiss-A-Pig Campaign

Friday the 5th

This afternoon I went to Ragtime Boutique in Watertown for a fitting of the dresses I picked out a few weeks ago. It was great to visit with Natalie and Mary Jane. They do so much for me and for the Miss Connecticut Scholarship Organization. Thank you!



This evening I went to the Imagination Museum in Bristol for “Wild About Animals” day. The children in the museum were able to see many animals- they even brought in horses! As a part of the celebration the museum held the annual Kiss-A-Pig campaign. It is an annual fundraiser where the town selects about 4 representatives to raise money for the Bristol Boys and Girls Club. The person who raises the most money gets to kiss Daisy the famous Pig! I was selected as a representative a few years ago and I raised over a thousand dollars and was able to kiss Daisy!


(picture from when I won the Kiss-A-Pig Campaign)

They asked me to come back today to lead the “Daisy Song.” Dr. Brownstein raised the most money and kissed Daisy!



Leading the Daisy Song

Dr. Brownstein, the winner of 2010 Kiss-A-Pig Campaign


11/5: 50 mi

Total: 6387.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment