Monday, September 6, 2010

102.9 DRC-FM Children’s Miracle Network Radio-thon






Friday, September 3, 2010

Today was a big day at Connecticut Children’s hospital. It was the 8th Annual 102.9 DRC-FM Children’s Miracle Network Radio-thon that Scott Organek worked so hard to organize. I arrived at about 2:00 in the afternoon and spent the remainder of the day until about 7:00 answering phones to donors calling in. Many of the local titleholders came to volunteer their time as well; it was great to see everyone! I answered the phone to many individuals who wanted to become Big D Miracle-Makers (donate $10/month to the hospital) and one woman I talked to even donated $1000! If you were listening to 102.9 it would be hard not to call in and make a donation because of the unbelievably touching stories shared by the children on the air. I was blessed to be able to meet many of these miracle children who have been through so much already in their short lives. Talking to many children and parents while I was there really put my own life into perspective of how lucky I am. What an amazing day!

On Saturday evening Scott informed me that they broke a record and raised $242,000 for the hospital!!

No comments:

Post a Comment