Monday, September 6, 2010

Haiti Fundraiser at Chacers & the Waterford Speedbowl!



Saturday, September 4, 2010


I spent the day in New London. From 12:00-2:00 I had a fundraiser at Chacers Restaurant and Bar (That Courtney Grey was so generous to donate!) to raise money for the Christian Haitian Outreach Orphanage. Chacers also donated appetizers and soda for our guests!

After socializing for a bit with everyone, I was able to speak about my platform, One World: Hope for All Children and my experience with he Christian Haitian Outreach Orphanage. Then I showed my music video documentary that filmed and edited. Those who watched were really able to see how happy the children are at CHO and where exactly their money will be going. The video is very touching- even for me after making it and watching hundreds of times. Just as much as I appreciate the financial donations, I appreciate having an audience to share my experiences and message with.









Again, thank you to:

Courtney from Chacers for donating the facility and appetizers

The raffle prizes donated By:

Diana Laroe

Donne Kehoe

Patty May

Michael Little

Stephanie Scaramuzzo

Chris Nocera- The Parlour

Gail Mccool

John Owsianik

My family

..for helping to put everything together this afternoon

& Everybody who came to donate support the cause!

This afternoon I spent a little while with Patty to sing and develop my song repertoire for upcoming events!

Tonight I went to the Waterford Speedbowl to watch a series of races! It was my first time at the track and it was so much fun! Today was a special day- honoring our incredible military men, a helicopter even landed in the middle of the track for the opening ceremony. I sang the national anthem. I met many new friends in Waterford and one extra special little girl wore my crown for some of the evening as we watched the race! The weather was perfect to top it all off.




1 comment:

  1. When were you involved with CHO? I adopted a child from there in 1997. (obviously long before you were there)

    ReplyDelete