Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wishes on Wheels!


Sunday Sept 19
Today was a very special day! A limo picked up my mom and I at our home to go to the Wishes on Wheels Event in Willington, CT. Joe Landry from Hy’s limousine donated his time to pick us for the event.


A friend, Katelin Bolduc- Miss Baystate, and her family invited me to this event. When I arrived, Joe rolled out a red carpet for me to make a grand entrance- it was very special! While I was there I met many children who have been touched by make-a-wish foundation, I helped to hand out trophies, and watched a monster truck show!


There were 468 trucks total (which beat last year’s count by one!) that made the trip down I-84 to make wishes come true for local children facing life-threatening medical conditions. The event is to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The preliminary count is totaling $70,000 but the even bigger story is the 200+ Make A Wish family members that attended and enjoyed the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment