Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lone Oak Challenge Golf Tournament/ Miss America Lottery!






Monday Sept 20


This morning I was up in the northern part of the state- in East Canaan, CT. The area is so beautiful with the leaves beginning to change colors. I was there for the John F. Foley Lone Oak Challenge Golf Tournament to benefit the Canaan Fire Dept and the North Canaan Vol Ambulance Corp. I had a lot of fun helping with the raffles, talking to all of the golfers taking part in the tournament, and taking pictures with each team. I even got to flip burgers to prepare for lunch and best of all drive around the golf cart to visit the teams on the course! Roger Picard accompanied me today, so it was very nice to spend time with him!






Tonight was a very exciting night! After the golf tournament I headed right to Marla’s house to do the Miss America lottery to select my contestant number and group for Miss America! I have to say I was actually nervous! I sat there with two computers on my lap and a phone in my hand waiting for my name to appear on the screen for me to call in. Luckily I was picked 7th and I received the spot I wanted!!! I am in the “MU” group, contestant #16. I still can’t believe I am really going to Miss America!!



No comments:

Post a Comment